- Treatment Centers by City
- La Crosse
- Green Bay
- Eau Claire
- Fond Du Lac
- West Bend
- Elm Grove
- Prairie Du Chien
- Stevens Point
- Sturgeon Bay
- Black River Falls
- Brown Deer
- Chippewa Falls
- Fort Atkinson
- Green Lake
- Hales Corners
- Lac Du Flambeau
- Lake Mills
- New Berlin
- Oak Creek
- Paddock Lake
- Port Washington
- Prairie Du Sac
- Richland Center
- River Falls
- Sun Prairie
- West Allis
- Wisconsin Rapids
When an individual in Ellsworth, Wisconsin has an alcoholism problem they will continue to drink regardless of the negative consequences that are related to their alcohol addiction. Eventually, the individual from Ellsworth, Wisconsin will develop an increased tolerance to the effect of alcohol and they will have to increase the amount of the alcohol that they drink in order to get high; thus begins the vicious downward cycle of alcoholism.
There are several causes for alcoholism and no one in Ellsworth that starts drinking ever does so with the goal of developing an alcohol addiction. People in Ellsworth who start drinking heavily at an early age are reported to have an increased tendency towards alcoholism. When an individual from Ellsworth, WI. experiences a lack of family support or if they are unemployed, it can increase their risk of alcoholism; an alcohol addiction can escalate rapidly when the person that is drinking becomes isolated.
Because of the effect that alcohol has on our minds, bodies and emotions, it is considered a drug; one of the main reasons that it is so important to get help for alcoholism is that more people in Ellsworth have been known to die from an alcohol addiction as compared to those who are addicted to drugs.
Getting treatment for an individual in Ellsworth, Wisconsin that has an alcohol addiction can be a life saving measure, as many people in the U.S. die every year of health problems that are directly related to alcoholism. A quality Ellsworth Alcoholism Rehab Facility can help a person with an alcoholism problem to become sober and remain that way.
The first step in alcohol addiction treatment is the alcohol detox; this process is the abrupt cessation of alcohol intake and is an important step that is needed for the individual that is struggling with alcoholism to be successfully rehabilitated. Because of the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that are related to the detox process, it is highly advisable that an individual from Ellsworth, Wisconsin be overseen in a professional Alcohol Treatment Facility.
An individual from Ellsworth that has an alcohol addiction has the choice of many different treatment options including residential alcohol rehab, therapeutic communities, adolescent alcohol treatment programs, partial hospitalization rehab treatment programs, outpatient rehab treatment programs and inpatient alcohol addiction rehab treatment.
An alcoholic in Ellsworth may use defense mechanisms in order to protect him or herself from the painful truth about their alcoholism problem; no one likes to believe that they are sick, so it is common for them to minimize, rationalize and deny that they have an alcohol addiction. We are here to help you to deal with this type of a situation, and to assist you in finding the quality Alcohol Abuse Rehabilitation Center that you or your loved one in Ellsworth is in need of. Pick up the phone right now in order to speak to one of our caring counselors today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in and around Ellsworth, Wisconsin
- Pierce County Dept of Human Services Ellsworth, WI, 54011
- Kinnic Falls River Falls, WI, 54022
- Burkwood Treatment Center Hudson, WI, 54016
- Hudson Hospital and Clinics Hudson, WI, 54016
- Arbor Place Inc Menomonie, WI, 54751
- Fahrman Center Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- First Things First Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- Triniteam Inc Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- Luther Midelfort Mayo Health System Eau Claire, WI, 54702
- Eau Claire Academy Eau Claire, WI, 54702
- Contact Us
- According to alcohol abuse and alcoholism statistics and facts, alcohol abuse is a pattern of drinking that results in situations that can result in the failure to attend to important responsibilities at school, work, or at home; ongoing alcohol-related relationship problems; the experience of recurring alcohol-related legal problems; and/or physical injury.
- When HIV-infected drinkers fail to take their medications or do not take them correctly, it can result in a higher viral load and an increasing likelihood that the virus will become resistant to the therapy.
- Before sewers and water purification systems were invented, alcoholic beverages were safer to drink than most available water.
- Joseph Hazelwood, who was the captain that was responsible for the crash of the Exxon Valdez tanker that spilled over 11 million barrels of crude oil, was reported to be drinking at the time of the crash which caused devastation to the environment that is still being felt today.
- Ellsworth, WI. Al-Anon Support Group Meetings
English Lutheran Church
229 West Main Street
Ellsworth, Wisconsin 54003
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Tue., 7:30 PM