- Treatment Centers by City
- La Crosse
- Green Bay
- Eau Claire
- Fond Du Lac
- West Bend
- Elm Grove
- Prairie Du Chien
- Stevens Point
- Sturgeon Bay
- Black River Falls
- Brown Deer
- Chippewa Falls
- Fort Atkinson
- Green Lake
- Hales Corners
- Lac Du Flambeau
- Lake Mills
- New Berlin
- Oak Creek
- Paddock Lake
- Port Washington
- Prairie Du Sac
- Richland Center
- River Falls
- Sun Prairie
- West Allis
- Wisconsin Rapids
Alcoholism is an epidemic in society today, and is a problem facing many in Ellsworth, WI. Alcohol is in fact a drug, the most commonly used and widely abused in the world. Alcohol addiction causes many problems, and people that abuse alcohol are more likely to become violent, struggle with their career and have problems in their relationships. Alcoholism can literally destroy your life.
Consuming alcohol is a common and acceptable practice in Ellsworth. The problem with alcohol addiction and alcoholism begins when consumption crosses the line from moderate drinking, to having to consume alcohol to avoid feeling bad or to feel comfortable in social situations. Alcohol addiction and alcoholism may be triggered by an individual's environment, the people he's associating with, etc. Whatever the case may be, if alcohol is being used in excess and an individual doesn't have enough control to put down that drink despite the consequences, there is a problem.
For someone in Ellsworth, Wisconsin who is involved in alcohol addiction or alcoholism, it is very easy to justify drinking habits and be in complete denial that there is a problem. But if a person is continuing to drink despite the health risks involved and the destruction that is being created in their life, it is time for them to seek help or for someone to intervene and help the person see that there is a problem. It may seem easier to pretend that nothing is wrong, but the longer a person continues his addictive behavior the worse off he will be in the long run.
Treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Ellsworth is available for individuals who know they have a problem and have the courage to face their issues with alcohol. There are a number of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers in the area. At an Alcoholism Rehab Facility individuals can be in an environment where they can address the psychological and emotional issues that may have caused their alcoholism.
Alcoholism has taken its toll when an individual drinks so heavily for a long duration, that when alcohol is taken away withdrawal sets in. Withdrawal symptoms can include shakiness or trembling, fatigue, irritability and loss of appetite for example. Alcohol withdrawal can be overcome by going through a supervised alcohol detoxification as part of treatment at an Alcohol Treatment Facility in Ellsworth, WI.
There are a variety of options available for individuals looking for treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Ellsworth, Wisconsin. There are Long-term Alcohol Abuse Rehab Facilities, Outpatient Alcohol Abuse Rehabs, Short-term Alcoholism Rehabilitation Programs, Inpatient Alcohol Abuse Rehab Programs, support group meetings, alcohol counseling, halfway houses and sober living.
Individuals battling alcohol addiction or alcoholism don't have to be ashamed or feel alone and hopeless. Recovering from alcohol addiction and alcoholism won't be easy, but admitting you have a problem and seeking treatment is the first step to getting the help that can get you through it. Put addiction behind you, so you can look forward to a bright and sober future. Contact a counselor and start treatment today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in and around Ellsworth, Wisconsin
- Pierce County Dept of Human Services Ellsworth, WI, 54011
- Kinnic Falls River Falls, WI, 54022
- Burkwood Treatment Center Hudson, WI, 54016
- Hudson Hospital and Clinics Hudson, WI, 54016
- Arbor Place Inc Menomonie, WI, 54751
- Triniteam Inc Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- Fahrman Center Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- First Things First Eau Claire, WI, 54701
- Luther Midelfort Mayo Health System Eau Claire, WI, 54702
- Eau Claire Academy Eau Claire, WI, 54702
- Contact Us
- Men are more likely than women to take risks (e.g., drive fast or without a safety belt), when combined with excessive drinking, further increasing their risk of injury or death.
- When HIV-infected drinkers fail to take their medications or do not take them correctly, it can result in a higher viral load and an increasing likelihood that the virus will become resistant to the therapy.
- Children are especially sensitive and can suffer long-lasting emotional trauma when a parent or caretaker is an alcoholic or heavy drinker.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety, during 2008, over 65 percent of fatal drunk-driving deaths involve drivers whose blood alcohol concentration is over the legal limit in their state.
- Ellsworth, WI. Al-Anon Support Group Meetings
English Lutheran Church
229 West Main Street
Ellsworth, Wisconsin 54003
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Tue., 7:30 PM